All 3d print files can be downloaded here: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1755363
A Ghostbusters reboot is happening and the pack looks different. Seeing as the new one is all women and my girlfriend refuses to dress up as Slimer, I decided to make the new proton pack for her.
Source/My version side by side:
There isn’t a lot of information about certain functions of the pack because at the time of writing, no trailer has been released. Though over at gbfans.com, some fans have been looking at all the details trying to figure things out. Many of the pieces have been identified so while building in 3d I could get exact measurements of lots of the components.
I built most of the pack in maya and 3d printed it on my Replicator 2. I bought a few identified pieces such as the ball valve and also had to buy things like the mesh and tubing that couldn’t be printed. I used a big piece of sintra as the base with some reinforcement of little steel plates. I also built the bottom box out of sintra and 3d printed the handle.
It runs off a 5v phone charger battery. That connects to an arduino and a ring of lights from adafruit. This way, if when video comes out and maybe we see the lights are a different color or they move a different direction/pattern, I can simply reprogram the arduino. That’s also how the battery comes in handy because it plugs in with usb, and I can use the same cord for power and reprogramming.
The digital displays are just bright green leds with some sandblasted plastic in front of them to diffuse, and a 3d printed cutout of the numbers in front of that. I wasn’t able to find displays of the correct size in time for Halloween.
I wrapped copper wire around the center area. There’s something in there as far as I can see, but hard to figure out for sure what is actually is. The big gold wires inside are sprinkler wire painted gold.
The gun was almost entirely 3d printed, with pvc pipe that fit very snugly for handles. I printed the grips and made a mold of them so I could cast them in foam. The first one came out great but I messed up the mixture on the second one and it ruined the mold. I ended up just printing each grip.